By Barbara Rose, PhD
Here are 26 Steps you can take from within to build your self worth, esteem, and help you bring out all you desire to be and express in your life. They are phrased in first person to help you integrate them, until you are living your truth on all levels, in all areas of your life and are, in fact, genuinely feeling pure love and acceptance for yourself.
20. I remember that whether or not someone is in my life is never a reflection of me; it is merely a reflection of their preference, and I honor their preference without taking it personally and allowing it to hurt me.
21. I remember that whether I believe I can or I believe I can’t, I’m right!
22. I know that what I create in my life is an expression of what fills my heart with joy. It is never a validation of who I am–it is pure expression.
23. I know that outward status does not constitute a person’s worth. All people are equally worthy during pleasant times and unpleasant times.
24. I realize that my greatest challenges have been my greatest teachers. I have learned much from the difficulties I have been through, and I help others, even if only by sharing.
25. I create every circumstance in my life, and I do so in cooperation with others, all with pure motives.
26. I use the following guideline to manifest the life I came here to live, beginning with how I view myself:
A. Decide. I decide how I want to feel, how I prefer to live, and how I prefer to create my life.
B. Commit. I commit fully to the process.
C. Be Willing. I am willing to do whatever it takes with dignity and pure motives, including the mirror dialogue, to help me shine from the inside out.
D. Let Go. I let go of the expectations of others, along with my doubts, and replace them with what feels true for me.
E. Follow. I follow my truth every moment, and I follow through in my actions everything that represents my highest and deepest truth.
F. Wait. I have patience with an ever unfolding process in my life, and I remember to enjoy the process rather than just live for an outcome.
G. Experience. I am experiencing all I first decided to, and now I am living completely in the moment, enjoying this journey called my life.
27. My creative expression is too important to stifle out of fear of what others think. I bring my creative expression out from my heart because I care that it makes a difference while I enjoy the process.
28. My romantic relationship is with a person who is my dearest and best friend. We are fully supportive of each other and trust each other completely.
29. I listen to my body and rest when I feel tired, go for a walk in nature when I need rejuvenation, and consume only what is good for my body.
30. I remember that the goals I am working to achieve constitute every moment of my life, and I live them out with passion.
31. I ask for support when I need it, and allow myself to be real.
32. In my writings to God, I ask to know about anything that is unconsciously holding me back, and how to transform it.
33. In my writings, and each day, I ask to be divinely guided toward only what is for my highest good and the highest good of all.
34. I speak to and treat all others in the same manner that I would want to be treated and spoken to.
35. I stop looking for outward status and start being a pure change that I would love to see in this world.
36. I never explain my personal views or spiritual preferences to people who cannot relate. I share what I choose to share only with people who can be supportive rather than arguing with me to negate my truth.
37. I select my close personal friends very carefully based on the goodness in their hearts, and for no other reason.
38. I remember to ask for pointers and guidance from people who are in a position I would like to move into, and I trust they will be happy to give me a few pointers in a positive direction.
39. I admit my true feelings to myself rather than fighting them and trying to make them go away. They are trying to tell me something I need to acknowledge and know.
40. I create my life’s work and purpose based solely on heartfelt inspiration. Passion, not outcomes, fuels my purpose.
41. I fully trust that when something does not work out the way my personality wanted it to, ultimately, it worked out for my highest good.
42. I trust that any delay is a blessing in disguise.
43. I set priorities for my daily activities according to what I feel most inspired to do. My schedule is filled only with what I love.
44. I stop doing anything that no longer brings me joy, with the exception of caring for my children, and clear out any part of my life that I no longer feel excited about.
45. I know that I am the creator today of what my life will look like tomorrow.
46. If I ever worry about what others are going to think, I remind myself that anyone can think many things. What is most important is following through with what I believe in my heart is real and true, so long as it brings harm to no one, including myself.
47. I stay away from drama, gossip, negative people, and negative situations. I surround myself only with people and situations that reflect the pure truth inside my heart.
48. I stop trying to follow what others are doing, and instead create and bring out what I love as my own unique contribution to my life and this world.
49. I remember that no matter how successful a person may be, the truest form of success is a loving and pure heart. That is priceless and eternal.
© Copyright 2011 Barbara Rose, PhD All Rights Reserved. Continued Exclusive Excerpt from the book Dear God, How Can I Finally Love Myself? (Published by The Rose Group, October 2006) ISBN:0974145769.