Top 5 Of the 50 Guidelines For Self Love
By Barbara Rose, PhD
Excerpt from the book Dear God, How Can I Finally Love Myself?
1. I never explain my personal views or spiritual preferences to people who cannot relate. I share what I choose to share only with people who can be supportive rather than arguing with me to negate my truth.
2. I admit my true feelings to myself rather than fighting them and trying to make them go away. They are trying to tell me something I need to acknowledge and know.
3. I create my life’s work and purpose based solely on heartfelt inspiration. Passion, not outcomes, fuels my purpose.
4. I remember that no matter how successful a person may be, the truest form of success is a loving and pure heart. That is priceless and eternal.
5. I fully trust that when something does not work out the way my personality wanted it to, ultimately, it worked out for my highest good.
Follow-Through for You
The most important aspect of pure self-love is follow-through.
Follow-through means that what you think, feel, say, and do are all congruent. They are all perfectly aligned to match your real truth.
For example, if you think you do not like your job, then the action that would reflect your truth would be to leave that job. You would then either create your own business or move into the general area of work that fills you with excitement.
When you follow through in that way, you will begin to feel your true worth from the inside out.
The same is true for every aspect of your life, including relationships, what you do in any given day, and every decision you make each moment of your life.
The key is to follow through in your actions because once you do, you will come to feel pure and genuine confidence. That confidence is built from the inside out, one decision at a time.
I can only share with you that once I started to follow through on my own truth, and stopped allowing others to guide me in a direction that was completely opposite of how I felt, I finally gained what had eluded me for most of my life: self-love…
As you acknowledge, honor, listen to, and follow through on your truth every second of your life, you will come to feel all of the goodness you really are, and you will finally love yourself.
© Copyright 2006, 2010 Barbara Rose, PhD All Rights Reserved. Excerpt from the book Dear God, How Can I Finally Love Myself? (Rose Group, October 2006) ISBN-10: 0974145769.